Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken

by 10:25 AM 0 commentaires


Stop and take a moment to think back to being a kid in the summer.  Seriously.  Close your eyes for a moment and think back to what it was like when you were 8-years old, and summer had just started.  That was the best time ever!  I remember waiting with such anticipation for that last day of school.  I think I even made a countdown calendar on the wall where I’d mark off the days left.  Every day seemed to take forever…especially knowing that a whole 3 months of carefree fun was waiting for me!  (Yet now the days…and years…seem to fly by at warp speed.  What’s up with that?)
What was your favorite summer activity?  Mine was swimming.  We lived in Charleston, SC, and we’d hit the beach at least once a week.  To be honest, though, I always preferred swimming in pools.  The ocean water was murky, and you’d occasionally see jellyfish and other things out there with which you didn’t want to become close friends.  My uncle had the best pool ever.  He had a water slide that dumped straight into the pool.  Best. toy. ever.  (And in hindsight, my mom probably agrees because I’m sure I wore myself out running around and around sliding down that thing!)  To this day, I still love waterparks.  What can I say?  I’m still just a big kid at heart!
Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken
Ingredients
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 16 oz farfalle pasta
  • 1 cup basil pesto (homemade or storebought)
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil, cut into thin strips (i.e. chiffonade)
  • Parmesan cheese (optional)
Instructions
  1. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
  2. Grill the chicken over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes per side, or until completely cooked. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice into strips.
  3. Meanwhile, boil the pasta until al dente according to the package instructions. (Note: I usually cook the pasta for 1-2 minutes less than the package suggests so that the pasta still has some texture.)
  4. Rinse and drain pasta and set aside. (Tip: When using pasta for a salad, toss it in a large bowl with a couple Tbsp of milk once it's cooked. The milk helps prevent the pasta from sticking together.)
  5. Using a large bowl, mix together the pesto, pasta and chicken. Stir until well combined and place in the refrigerator until chilled.
  6. Stir in the cherry tomatoes and fresh basil immediately before serving.
  7. Finish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional).
Notes
We often make this exact recipe in the winter, but we serve it hot instead. It works great both ways!



Unknown

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment